Cable percussive boreholes are a common method of borehole drilling and are often requested by our clients.
Using a land rover towed rig or a specialist ‘cut down’ rig (suited to restricted access and headroom up to 3m) most sites can be investigated.
In-situ testing techniques including Standard Penetration Testing, Permeability Testing (falling head tests), Borehole Vane Testing and Packer Testing can all be carried out in the boreholes in order to provide information for geotechnical design.
Disturbed and undisturbed samples are retrieved from the boreholes for inspection and logging by the engineer and subsequent testing in approved/appointed laboratories.
Borehole installations, such as gas & water monitoring wells, piezometers and inclonometers can be constructed on completion of the borehole on the client’s request.
Capabilities of the Cable Percussion Drilling include:-
- A cost effective way of ‘traditional’ borehole drilling;
- Adaptable to sites with access constraints using our ‘cut-down’ rig;
- SPT and CPT tests;
- In-situ or ‘down-hole’ testing;
- Various size casing available (150mm to 300mm diameter); and
- All drillers are NVQ and CSCS certified.