Windowless sampling is carried out by tracked percussive rigs. Samples can also be extruded using our hand held pneumatic window samplers. The hand-held window sampling equipment is also ideal for subsoil inspection/validation and domestic oil spill investigations. Windowless samples are retrieved in seamless plastic tubes for logging by the Engineer.
Window sampling is particularly suited to restricted access sites, contamination investigations, and where disturbance must be kept to a minimum. The track mounted equipment is also capable of carrying out in-situ testing, including SPT/CPTs and dynamic probe testing. Dynamic Probe testing is a continuous soil test procedure which enables the relative density or strength of the ground to be inferred to depths of approximately 10m.
Borehole installations, such as gas & water monitoring wells, piezometers and inclonometers can be constructed on completion of the borehole on the client’s request.
Capabilities of the Windowless Sampling Rig include:-
- Windowless sampling up to 8m below ground level;
- Hand held window sampling for shallower boreholes;
- Dynamic probing up to 12m below ground level;
- Ideal for sites where widespread sampling is required;
- Adaptable to sites with access constraints;
- SPT and CPT tests;
- Boreholes can be installed with monitoring wells on completion;
- Various size casing available; and
- All drillers are NVQ and CSCS certified.